Friday, July 5, 2013

Post MCAT blues

So I took my test on July 2nd as expected. I had read all the chapters, done many practice problems, and completed every AAMC practice test. I felt reasonably prepared. I was getting an average of 28 on my practice tests, which was reasonable for me. My highest score was 32 (11/11/10) and my lowest, 23 (7/8/8). I have taken this test twice before, each time feeling ok, but not overtly bad about it. Until Tuesday.

Nothing had prepared me for this test. It was a beast. It was awful. It was all I could do, to not burst into tears during the PS section. I started panicking, rushing through, having all thoughts of being doctor evaporate before my eyes. It sucked. The verbal was ok- maybe even great. I started to feel a little better, thinking, okay, I always suck at PS, I'll get through the verbal and BS sections and I'll be okay. And then BS kicked my ass as well. I would have cried on the way home if it weren't for the fact that I was trying to keep a strong front on the phone with my family.

So I'm mentally trying to prepare for a 24 (7/9/8). God, it was horrible. And now I feel like all my hopes have gone out the window, that there is no chance for me to get any secondaries, much less interviews and acceptances (I already submitted my app on the 22nd.) God, this sucks. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment