Thursday, July 18, 2013

More July 1 fun

Me to the surgery Fellow: "Hey doc, I see you're the new surgery Fellow. I need you to fill out this paperwork for the patient's procedure." (hands him paperwork)

Fellow: "Uh, what do I do?"

Me: "It's just asking for your permission to give blood products, which you've already ordered, so we just need the paperwork signed."

Fellow: "Uh, am I supposed to sign it?"

Me: "Yes, every Fellow before you has. Plus you ordered the products, so..."

Fellow: "Uh, let me ask my Attending."

Me: (What the hell?! It's just a damn signature!) "Uh, we can't give the orders without your signature, so could you please sign?"

Fellow: "Give the products, but I'm waiting on signing it until I hear from the Attending."

Me: "Seriously?!"

So I stood around for an hour waiting for the Attending to come tell this person who has had 5 years of post-medical school training to sign for his own damn orders. Welcome to July.

No comments:

Post a Comment